Motor Vehicle Accidents

» Motor Vehicle Accidents
Share this page

Oakville Rehab Motor Vehicle Accidents

Oakville Rehab Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVAs)

Statistics show that most people will be in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) at some point. The questions are only how bad will you get hurt and how quickly will you recover? Often, after being in a car accident, there are many details to consider, especially if you were the driver of one of the vehicles.

While there are many specifics like insurance, car repairs, and legal issues to consider, remember that your health comes first!

Seek Treatment ASAP after an MVA

Go to the ER or see your GP as soon after the accident as possible. Ask for a referral for physiotherapy and massage therapy just in case you may need it for the insurance company. You don’t need a referral to see a chiropractor, physiotherapist, or massage therapist after a car accident, but getting the referral is sometimes helpful.

Call Oakville Rehab at (905) 845-2293 ASAP to make an appointment with a practitioner. If you are already seeing one of our therapists, start there. If not, talk to our helpful staff, and they will help you decide which practitioner is best to see first. Anne Brown, Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), specializes in treating clients who have been in motor vehicle accidents and worker’s compensation cases.

The important thing is to get in quickly and get a thorough assessment of your injuries.

Do I have to Pay Upfront After Being in a Car Accident?

Most of the time, you are covered for any of the services available at Oakville Rehab, up to a certain limit, after an MVA. Our office will check all the details for you and make sure you know what is covered and what limits there might be. Sometimes you may need to go back to your GP to get a new referral to increase the limits.

What Do I Do If the Insurance Company Wants to Settle?

We are not able to offer you legal advice, but you should never settle with any insurance company until you have a thorough evaluation of your injury. Usually, it is advised that you wait to settle until your injury has resolved because otherwise, you have to pay all your expenses out-of-pocket afterwards.

Can I Get Treatment if the Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Was My Fault?

Yes!!!! You will still have insurance coverage, any extended medical coverage, and some provincial coverage may apply. DO NOT hesitate to get treatment! Our office will help you navigate through the maze of paperwork after a car accident to be sure you can receive the treatment you need to recover and get back to enjoying life.

Injuries from a car accident, left untreated, can become the root of bigger problems for many years. The team at Oakville Rehab will help you get back to your life after an MVA.

Share this page